Playful Learning in Next Generation Entrepreneurship
project duration: 01.11.2022 – 31.10.2025
Numerous studies show that gamification can achieve various positive effects in education. For example, students can learn to manage uncertainty and define new strategies in collaboration or competition with peers in specific learning
situations that include game-based scenarios. These are some of the essential competencies for future managers and leaders, and it becomes more relevant to integrate gamification and playfulness in business education (BE). Using games in
the form of business games or role-plays has a long tradition in BE to develop leadership and management skills. However, there has been no systematic strategy ton train educators to gamify their classrooms or create playful learning situations by themselves.
Therefore, the overall aim of this project is, on the one hand, to create a study programme “Next Generation Entrepreneurship” (NGE) for students from five different European business schools, which considers various aspects and
application fields of gamification in business, and, on the other hand, to develop and to provide training, materials and best practices in the area of gamification for teachers.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Sensitisation and the development of skills on the part of students from entrepreneurship programs concerning the potential and design options of corporate gamification.
- Cooperation of students from different European business schools in a joint study programme with the aim of exchange and the generation of European added value in the field of business start-ups.
- Providing a methodology, toolkits, training and guidelines for usage of gamification in various fields of business education (BE) to teachers and learning designers in a European context.
- Supporting the development of digital competencies as an integral part of higher education didactics among teachers and students and introducing new tools and methods for student engagements in academic teaching.
The main results of the project are:
- A study programme on Next Generation Entrepreneurship (NGE) consisting of three modules (Creating the Idea, Design a Sustainable and Impactful Business Model and Impactful Leadership) in which, among other things, a theoretical and practical examination of the meaning and design of gamification strategies in everyday business takes place. All modules include 3 ECTS each (total workload of the programme is 9 ECTS).
- A Methodology of Gamification (MoG) and guidelines for playful learning design in the area of BE and entrepreneurial education, especially for the use of digital tools in the learning setting. The concept delivers the methodology for integrating game elements in academic teaching scenarios, considering different didactic objectives.
- An online platform with methods, guidelines and game-based teaching practices for various fields of BE enables teachers to find best practices and develop gamification-scenarios for their teaching effectively. The platform provides the technological infrastructure where teachers can research, find, and post ideas for their gamification scenarios and is the starting point for disseminating.
- A Teacher Training Programme (Next Generation Business Education, short NGBE) for teachers in the field of BE where they receive in-depth information and step-by-step guides on the gamification of learning scenarios. The material and the curriculum of the online course will be developed and validated within the project. In addition, the curriculum and teaching material will be documented and made openly accessible for multipliers of Teacher Training.
Prof. Dr. Thomas Köhler
mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Helge Fischer
mail to: email@example.com
mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org